Monday, June 23, 2008

Last Night in Dar

I just reread what I wrote earlier about moving, and it sounded really negative. The move has actually gone rather smoothly. The packers were slow, but seemed to do a great job. It was a long process, but it's actually kind of nice now since there is nothing in the house other than furniture and our suitcases. It makes it easy to keep the house clean. We're looking forward to getting on that plane tomorrow. We've met some incredible people here who we're really going to miss. I'm grateful for the internet, since that's about the only way I stay in touch with people. One more night with mosquito nets. Yay!

3 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

I'm so glad that you have had a fun and safe couple of years there but I won't lie- I can't wait to have you here!! My only regret is that I didn't get my buns out there for a visit. Sheesh- what kind of Chel-admiring, Africa-loving friend am I? Oh well. When we're old you can take me there and show me around, k?
Have a safe trip and see you so soon!

Taylor said...

Hi Chelisa & Tim,
What a trip -- just found your blog and haven't heard from you guys in years. 2 yrs in Tanzania?! How great. We currently live in Seattle and are excited you're joining us! We'll be moving back to SoCal at the end of the year, but can't wait to see you when you come up. Best of luck in the move, hope it goes smoothly. Hope to hear from you soon,
Taylor Olsen (and family)

Taylor said...

Hey Tim,
Good to hear from you as well. I'm not sure how much you know about Seattle, but if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. We'd love to have you over if you have time when you're up here. Shoot me an email if you have a chance -- taylormolsen@gmail.com
Looking forward to it.