Monday, June 30, 2008

Pony Lease

Our kids were met with a pretty amazing summer surpise. Gramma leased a pony for the summer for them. She's a sorrel and white pinto, and is an absolutely perfect kid's pony. Her name is "Fancy Flash."

Britton and Taylor have been learning all about pony care and safety, and have been assigned the job of cleaning out her stall. They couldn't be happier. She's gentle enough that Colin can ride with help. Britton and Taylor are getting to the point where they can ride her around the corral by themselves. They're pretty smug about it, and spend a lot of time with her.

So... if any of our friends in the area want to take a drive out to Mendon for pony rides, we'd love to have you. There are two horses as well that work for leading around with kids on top. Mendon is a bit out of the way, but it's beautiful here, and there are lots of good kid activities.

6 comments:

Youngquist Family said...

Lucky for you. I would have done anything when I was a kid to have a horse. Are you here all summer? I'm in Bountiful...if you're ever down this way, give us a call. I may be up that way in August. I'll let you know.

a wynn wynn situation said...

I am SO coming to visit and of course not because of the pony :) I also heard there is a new children's museum out that way that we could visit. When shall we come??

Anonymous said...

Any chance we can come up and hang out? Aaron gets into the airport on the 16th - come on down for that!

Mark and Maria said...

My kids would be in HEAVEN!!! What a fun grandma to do that for them! Glad you made it to the states safely!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - update your blog!! I've tagged you for a meme. Have fun!

The Crane Family said...

Hi Chelisa--We're glad you're back in the States! What a great idea to rent a pony! Every kids dream--I wish we were going to Utah--we will have to hook up sometime--We love your blog!

Cosi